Findings of the research along with case studies of employers and/or providers who have developed a sector-focussed traineeship, along with recommendations for providers who identify a need to develop.
The main reasons given for developing sector-focussed traineeships were to:
- address identified skills gaps in their sector;
- implement a pathway for young people to progress into existing sector specific
- provide more targeted support to enable local young people to get into employment; and
- encourage young people to consider a career in a particular sector.
Providers utilised a range of methods to recruit young people to their sector-focussed traineeships, including:
- through intermediary organisations;
- offering places to young people who apply for their apprenticeship programme;
- undertaking wider marketing activities to raise general awareness of their traineeship